I am so surprised that all the brothers never express
jealousy of Rama, it is just accepted that he is the best and meant for the
throne. Laks exiled with him, Bharata wanted to give up the throne or at least
exile with him…but where is Shatrughna?
Dash’s broken heart death makes everyone important to his
court so sad they lay down for 10 days, talk about overdramatic.
A japa is a mantra, and is done at Dash’s funeral, how about
a rap?
I like that Jabali tells Rama to live in the here and now,
don’t waste your opportunities and to come back and rule. However, telling Rama
there is no Hereafter was not helpful and Rama refused saying the Gods would
look down upon him. What if Rama agreed to go back and decided to believe there
is no Hereafter? I think that is a bigger story at a later point, once I know
his complete story.
Anasuya and Atri interaction with Rama and Sita could be
longer and more detailed.
I think it is odd that Brahma grants demons favors or
special requests also depending on their devotions.
Rama gets more fancy weapons, maybe turn a later story into
more of their use or what happens when Laks tries to use them.
Rama has encountered several Rakshakas that just end up that
way due to a curse, spell, or penance.
He is usually able to give several
characters their release to the Holy land.
Characters he has released in some way: Tumburu(Demon Viradha),
Kabandha(Demon due to a spell), Shabari(normal person waiting for his arrival
as a promise to the saints)
I really think more of a back story of Jatayu the Vulture
King might be interesting.
![]() |
| Image Source : Jatayu Nature Park website Concept of Bird sculpture at park when completed |
Bibliography:

No comments:
Post a Comment