![]() |
| Source:Wikimedia Vishnu to Krishna |
I talked about perfection being an issue of mine in my growth mindset post, so I decided to look it up on Wikipedia. The definition is broadly, a state of completeness and flwalessness. They are sometimes kindred concepts and in many subjects, such as math and ethics to name a couple. There is a paradox they say, “the greatest perfection is imperfection” because that would mean there is no room to improve. In the middle ages they claimed that the world was created in six days because it was a perfect number.
God, in monotheism – not what we have studied, is one supreme being or object of faith. He is the ultimate creator and sustainer of life. Even though there is a trinity in Christianity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; they all represent one God. So it is believed that other theists, such as Hindus, no matter how many gods they worship all represent one God. I guess that kind of is how Narayan would be seen.
So what about the existence of God? Arguments exist for all reasons, logical, empirical, subjective. Plato and Aristotle began Western discussions. Scientists try to follow the scientific method. Catholics say that God is “the natural light of human reason.” It lists the existence for absolute truth as something outside of Western thought. Which, according to what I learned the other day, Hindus do not need logic. Absolute truth sounds like logic to me. But I also found another branch of Hinduism, Vaisnavism.
Vaisnavism is the belief by Hindus that Vishnu is the supreme lord. Which as I learned is an Avatar of Narayan. There are also branches of this Vaisnavism called Bhagavatism and Krishnaism due to the avatars told in the Hindu epics. Vishnuism is because of the Puranic texts.
Image Source
Image Source

No comments:
Post a Comment