Featured Post

Famous Last Words:Don't Wait Until The Last Minute

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Favorite Place in Texas

My favorite place to visit is Port Aransas, Texas. My family and I have taken 3 trips over the last 15 years...meaning we are about due for our next one. 😀 Hopefully we can make it down there this year. In 2003, we chose the tourist type route and stayed in Corpus Christi, but once we went to Mustang Island with its sparse number of tourists and excellent eateries, then caravaned our way down Padre Island National Seashore and its awesome sand dunes in our mini-van, we knew where we would stay for future trips.

 Mustang Island
Port Aransas /Mustang Island Beach
(Attribution: dwh1974@hotmail.com)
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8984803

Padre Island National Seashore - sand dunes
(Original work of the US Federal Government - public domain)
https://www.nps.gov/media/photo/view.htm?id=00533E20-155D-451F-67F8031422521E20

I love going there because I like looking out into the Gulf of Mexico and seeing water, nothing else, but I like it even better when I the dolphins are catching waves in front of the big barge ships. Sea turtles get so close to you when you go to you at times you can almost touch them! Plus, my children have inherited the same interests in water and sea animals, so the best part is sharing this time with them.


(Image Information: Personal photo of sea turtle in natural habitat;
St. Jo Island, Port Aransas, TX June 2014)

1 comment:

  1. I love Port Aransas! It is such a nice and relaxing spot in Texas. I grew up in Houston and I have done my fair share of finding the best beaches, and Port Aransas is definitely high on that list! That is so cool that you have seen dolphins and sea turtles! They are so cute! When my family and I visited we brought our dogs! They loved the beach, so maybe your huskies would like it too!

    ReplyDelete